TÜV Rheinland, a global technology certification firm, has awarded its first allergy care certification for an air purifier to home appliance brand Jya for its professional air purification products and technologies. The Fjord series by the Jya brand will now have the allergic care certification across all products.
TÜV Rheinland and the Creation of the Allergy Care Certification
In response to growing severity of allergies throughout the population, world-leading certification and testing organization TÜV Rheinland has collaborated with medical institutions to develop and introduce an allergy care program that can be applied to household appliances.
Initialized in 2021, TÜV Rheinland’s sophisticated allergen filtration product and performance test, based on real-life usage scenarios, provides a greater sense of awareness and understanding of indoor and outdoor allergen types and pathogenic mechanisms.
Following the program’s formation, Jya Fjord series underwent several tests at the TÜV Rheinland testing lab in Shanghai, including cartridge filtration efficiency, indoor allergen purification rates and indoor environment assessments.
The tests yielded the following results:
- Filtration efficiency for the filter (via three testing samples) showed a fractional efficiency of 99.7% (tested at a CADR value of 1.05 times the measured airflow).
- Airborne allergens were removed from the air at an efficiency rate of more than 99%.
- Neutral odor with perceptible and non-intrusive ratings have been achieved.
- Proper description in a clear user manual makes it easy to understand how effective purification is achieved in users’ homes.
- Particles and TVOCs as small as 0.1μm in size were either filtered or captured.
- The tests were conducted by a team of experts from TÜV Rheinland (Shanghai) Co. Ltd on March 29, 2022.
“The air purifier and vacuum cleaner can remove and filter allergens that can be very helpful to control the air of an indoor environment,” according to TÜV Rheinland. “But when we use an air purifier or vacuum cleaner, sometimes the standard options might cause indoor environmental disturbances that can blow up dust and other particles into the air which can risk an increase of allergen levels, this is particularly an issue if the seals in the appliances are weak. Because of this, the testing and verification of such abilities are becoming increasingly necessary.”
Another version of this article originally appeared on our sister site KBB Online.