Exploring the unique textural qualities of plywood edge grain, Timbur iterated their signature stack lamination technique at various scales to expand the Stack collection into new product categories.
Now, the line includes a pair of tabletop objects, a sleek new stool, two impressive credenzas, and a mirror. Much like their forefathers – Stack Stool, Stack Seat, Stack Bench, and Stack Table – the new pieces are tactile and inherently interactive, engaging the user to experience each object anew from different angles and perspectives.
Characterized by the juxtaposition of raw Baltic birch plywood and sleek, modern forms, Timbur’s Stack celebrates the crude materiality and imperfections found in nature, engineered with tech-forward manufacturing processes that balance traditional craftsmanship and digital fabrication.
Timbur’s newest Stack pieces, include:
- Bubble Credenza, a convex structure and concentric rings of stack laminated Baltic birch plywood radiating from its center.
- Fresnel Credenza, a three-dimensional surface collapsed into a two-dimensional frame, inspired by the complex geometry of a Fresnel lens.
- Stack Vert, a crisp, columnar form equally suited for use as a stool or side table.
- Stack Tres, an ergonomic tabletop object.
- Stack Lens, a flat disc bent into the concave form of a lens.
- Stack Mirror, a convex mirror enclosed by a smooth or textured frame.
Each piece is made from FSC-certified Baltic birch plywood.