PURO Lighting has announced the launch of a new line of UV solutions aimed at tackling disinfection challenges within the medical field. This comes following the company’s partnership with Siemens Healthineers and other major healthcare systems, a move meant to open greater access to its products across the healthcare industry.
“From the very start, our vision has been to utilize the latest UV lighting technology to help protect people’s health,” said Brian Stern, CEO of PURO Lighting. “The first iteration of our products was actually intended for the healthcare space, and while we’ve grown tremendously in our mission to promote wellness wherever people gather, I am proud to reconnect with our roots with this expansion of our healthcare solutions.”
PUROHealth Introduces Six New Disinfection Solutions Aimed at Healthcare Facilities
The new product line, known as PUROHealth, offers a variety of lighting products designed to address the different disinfection demands found within the healthcare environment, according to the company.
- Fighter is a modular, germicidal UV-C kit designed to disinfect air and coils within an HVAC system.
- Aurora provides continuous, in-room UV-C air purification.
- Whisper is a compact, continuous air purifier that provides quieter disinfection in smaller areas such as waiting rooms and exam rooms.
- Defender is UV-C disinfection designed for HVAC duct integration to deactivate viruses and other airborne pathogens flowing through the system.
- Helo uses the company’s Violet Defense technology to deliver full-spectrum UV light pulses in an unoccupied area to completely disinfect air and surfaces.
- PURONet is a first-of-its-kind disinfection control system that provides real-time operational reporting and data collection to disinfection programs.
“Designed with medical facilities in mind, our PUROHealth technologies provide an added layer of safety and security for patients, staff, residents and visitors from dangerous viruses and bacteria,” said Stern. “Also, as Environmental Services teams struggle to find new full-time employees, our automated and easy-to-use PUROHealth solutions greatly reduce reliance on operators and staff.”