Parks Associates has recently announced the agenda for the seventeenth annual Connections Summit: Smart Home Growth Strategies. The event, which will be taking place in Las Vegas on January 5 at the Venetian Conference Room in cooperation with CES 2023, will feature Parks Associates’ analyst team alongside industry players delivering insights into new business models and trends in the smart home.
“There is so much to talk about. All channels that develop and deliver smart home products have seen new demand, with rising consumer expectations and new opportunities to deliver an integrated connected experience in the home,” said Chris White, research director, Parks Associates, and cohost of the Connected Consumer Podcast. “We are excited to bring industry leaders together to talk about the advancements in the connected home.”
As part of the announcement, Parks Associates also released data from its latest consumer trends survey, which polled 10,000 internet households across the United States on their smart home buying patterns.
According to the survey, 38% of households own at least one smart home device, up 2% from a year ago. Twenty-seven percent report buying a smart home product within the last 12 months, and 44% percent report intentions to purchase a smart home device within the next 12 months.
Additionally, the survey breaks down the specific types of devices that are currently in use. According to the quarterly surveys of households:
- 88% have internet
- 54% own a connected health device
- 40% own a security solution
- 15% own a networked camera
- 56% own a smart TV
- 83% subscribe to an OTT service
A List of the Speakers and Sessions Planned for the Connections Summit
This year, the Connections Summit will be sponsored by Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA), Johnson Controls, Alarm.com, Cooktop Safety, Ivani, and Rapid Response Monitoring.
The agenda includes the following sessions:
- 9:00 AM Value-Added Services – Expanding Broadband
- 10:00 AM Scaling Smart Home: Smart Apartments and Smart Spaces
- 11:00 AM New Era of Home Energy: EVs, Solar, Storage
- 1:00 PM Smart Home Security: Automation, Response, and New Value
- 2:00 PM Smart Home Platforms: Interoperability and Partnerships, sponsored by CSA Alliance
- 3:00 PM Virtual Care and Independent Living: Keeping Seniors Safe
- 4:00 PM The Whole Home Experience: Use Cases, Services and Support
- 5:30 PM Networking Reception
Confirmed Speakers also include:
- Keally DeWitt, VP Marketing & Public Policy, GAF Energy
- Jennifer Doctor, Senior Director, Product Management, Johnson Controls
- Tray Leslie, Renewables & Resiliency Manager, Georgia Power Company
- Michelle Mindala-Freeman, Head, Marketing & Member Services, Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA)
- Mehul Patel, CEO, Minim
- Vickie Rodgers, VP and GM, Cox Communities
- Michael Rovito, President, Dwelo
- Paul Williams, Chief Product Officer, Nice North America
- Charlotte Yeh, Chief Medical Officer, AARP Services
In addition, Connections Summit is accepting speaker submissions. For sponsorship information, contact Ashton Gambrell at Ashton.firstname.lastname@example.org. To request research or an interview, contact Rosey Sera, email@example.com, 972.996.0233.