The Design Educates Awards have just announced the results of its 2022 edition. Recognizing the best projects responding to current social and environmental context, the awards also seek work that carries educational value for others.
This year, nearly 400 applicants from 30 countries applied for the awards, with most of the submitted work coming from established firms, though a significant number of students also applied. The entire portfolio of submissions represents an abundance of creativity, promise and hard work. In today’s world, there is no shortage of problems that our buildings aren’t currently trying to address, and these projects represent innovative approaches to so many.
For a complete list of all the winners in different categories, readers can go to the Design Educates website for more.
Winners of the Design Educates Awards
- Winner of the year 2022 – Timber Bridge in Gulao Water Town / LUO studio
- Gold Prize – Terra Cotta studio / Tropical Space
- Silver Prize – Wiki World Natural Camp / Wiki World
- Bronze Prize – House of Dreams / Insitu Project
- Winner of the year 2022 – Deployable Emergency Shelter / Henry Glogau Studio
- Gold Prize – Looop / Cheuk Laam Wong
- Silver Prize – SeeTang Collection / Jana-Aimée Wiesenberger
- Bronze Prize – Canairi / Canairi
- Winner of the year 2022 – Solar Desalination Skylight / Henry Glogau Studio
- Gold Prize – Portable Solar Distiller / Henry Glogau Studio
- Silver Prize – Coastalock / ECOncrete Tech Ltd
- Bronze Prize – 1,300 Recycling Pavilion / Hyunjejoo_Baukunst
- Winner of the year 2022 – BetaPort / Circular Building Technology On-Demand – Urban Beta UG
- Gold Prize – Coastalock / ECOncrete Tech Ltd
- Silver Prize – The Inxect Suit / Pavels Liepins-Hedström
- Bronze Prize – Voxel Cloud / Julian Edelmann
- Solar Desalination Skylight – Henry Glogau Studio
- GO! Campus Zottegem – Rosan Bosch Studio