Over 150 Sessions Planned for CEDIA Expo 2022
CEDIA Expo 2022 is only a few months away, and CEDIA association has announced that this year’s show is to include over 150 educational sessions for attendees and members of CEDIA. This will include an all-new wellness track and lighting track for technology integration, design and construction professionals.
The CEDIA Expo 2022 Conference brings industry advocacy, connection, and education to the home technology community through formal training and professional advancement, advocacy activations, and informed speakers on emerging trends. The CEDIA Expo Conference program also includes a diverse mix of formats, including thought-provoking seminars, engaging panels, and interactive half-day workshops.
Other parts of the show’s educational opportunities include the return of “Ask the Experts,” a popular open forum session, and a Spanish-language track. This year’s CEDIA Expo also includes the debut of the CEDIA Advocacy Town Hall, a free session about the legislative and regulatory issues facing the home technology industry.
“A key component to CEDIA Expo is the professional development and education available at the event for attendees,” says Jason McGraw, CTS, group vice president for CEDIA Expo and KBIS, Emerald.
“Together, the conference programming and the exhibit floor offer a unique value for attendees by providing the opportunity to educate and grow. Attendees can go forth and apply the knowledge as they discover new technologies on the exhibit floor. This year’s CEDIA Expo Conference program, which CEDIA curates, will feature events for everyone.”
Highlights Planned for This Year’s CEDIA Expo
A few educational highlights planned for CEDIA Expo 2022 include:
- The opening keynote, delivered by Greg Durkin, founder, and CEO of Guts+Data, which will dive deep into entertainment technology and content as part of the opening keynote. This includes discussions on the implications of the fragmented content landscape for the connected home experience and the invaluable opportunities for integrators in the fast-evolving digital media landscape.
- An all-new wellness track that explores the design, verification, and customer positioning of wellness technology solutions as well as an all new lighting track.
- CEDIA’s first-ever Advocacy Town Hall, which is free and open to all CEDIA Expo attendees, which will explore advancing the smart home technology industry and fighting for its governmental rights.
- Industry-leading manufacturers, including Crestron, Legrand, and Sound United, among many other brands, presenting hands-on training, new product information, and live questionnaires on the latest technology during CEDIA Expo’s manufacturer product training (MPT) courses.
- An end-to-end CEDIA certification pathway, including the ANSI-accredited CIT and IST certifications, with preparation sessions, onsite testing and tools to leverage certification, which will be directly available to attendees.
Individuals interested in attending CEDIA Expo 2022 can register online. It is recommended that non-CEDIA members should register before July 29 to receive Super Saver prices for show floor and training passes.
Another version of this article originally appeared on our sister site CE Pro.