Four Designers and Brands Recognized in National Awards
The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) has announced the recipients of the organizations most prestigious awards: the 2022 National Awards and the College of Fellows. Honorees will be recognized at GATHER, the national conference held by ASID, later this year in Miami, Florida.
The awards recognize four design companies (or individuals) for their work and careers dedicated to furthering interior design as a practice and changing the world in the process. This year, the winners of the awards are:
- Designs for Dignity in the category of Design for Humanity
- The Obsidian Virtual House by the Black Artists + Designers Guild in the category of Design Innovation
- Katherine S. Sester in the category of Design Luminary
- And Joceyln M. Stroupe in the category of Designer of Distinction.
“A core characteristic of the design profession is our work’s ability to touch lives,” said ASID CEO Gary Wheeler, FASID. “ASID is proud to recognize designers advancing the practice through every facet of their work. We are honored to be able to highlight many of these professionals with the annual induction of our College of Fellows and National Awards today and during a special presentation at our National Conference, GATHER. We hope that the recognition of their work continues to fuel an inspire others to strive for design excellence.”
ASID Announces This Year’s College of Fellows Entrants
The College of Fellows is ASID’s most prestigious program, honoring current ASID members who embody the highest level of ethical conduct and professional and exhibit consistent and demonstrative leadership. Less than one percent of ASID members are Fellows, and this year, ASID will added six new Fellows as well as two Honorary Fellows to that list.
Fellows to be inducted for 2022 are:
- Dana Nunn, ASID, NCIDQ, CCS, LEED AP, WELL AP, RID
- David Cordell, ASID, LEED AP, WELL AP, Fitwel Ambassador
- Leslie Shankman-Cohn, ASID, NCIDQ, RID, CAPS, CGP
- Lynn Vogeltanz, ASID, NCIDQ, IIDA
- Sharlyn Thacker, ASID, LEED Fellow, CID, WELL AP
- And Susan Morgan, ASID, NCIDQ, RID, CAPS, LEED AP.
In addition, Suzanne Tick, Creative Director at Luum and Design Partner for Skyline Design, and Bryan Soukup, Director of Policy and Legislative affairs for Origin Materials, will be inducted as Honorary Fellows. Honorary Fellows are avid supporters of ASID and the interior design industry who are not interior designers by profession.
More information about organizations and recipients mentioned here can be found in the full press release located on ASID’s website.